Sign up for my
- This year's film at the Wilton Grange was Chaplin's last silent feature, City Lights (1931) presented complete with sound effects...
- Our Baileys Cream With Spirit site is launched, Nov. 2012.
- Spring, 2010. Article published in Finland on Sigurd vs. Siegfried; English translation of Finnish translation here.
- Will perform Harold Lloyd's For Heaven's Sake! and Charley Chase's "Mighty Like a Moose" at Wilton's Cannon Grange, Feb. 27; The Gold Rush at Meadow Ridge in Redding. See silent film schedule for more.
- December, 2009: ReelClassicDvDs issues two rare silent Christmas films with piano scores: Scrooge (1913) and The Story of Santa (1920s).
- Oct 31, 2009; Performed Phantom of the Opera at Meadow Ridge in Redding, CT.
Performed the same at Nyack Center (11/8, 4 p.m., with "Pass the Gravy") and will again at the Wood Memorial Library in 2010 (May 9)
- Month of August, 2009 and 2010. I impossibly fill the organ-pedal-playing shoes of Ogden Booker at St. John's RC Church in Darien, CT.
- April 18, 2009. Performed The Gold Rush as well as some short subjects at the Wood Memorial Library in West Hartford, CT.
- March 22, 2009. Sgt. Leffert's Phony Heart's Club Band, led by my long-lost high school buddy Seth Lefferts, performs no less than 51 Beatles songs at Molten Java in Bethel, CT, with 4 other instrumentalists and me on keyboards, percussion and inner-light vocals. (As the bootlegs are released, will be posted.)
- Feb. 21, 2009. The Wilton Grange sponsors the seventh annual silent film evening with my accompaniment on their historic piano; Keaton's Cameraman with Mack Sennett's A Dash Through the Clouds, and Chaplin's The Cure; with special feature of both versions of Edison's Fatima's Cootchie Cootchie Dance (1893).
- January 10, 2009. ReelClassicDVDs sells a dozen D.W. Griffith silent shorts with my scores.
- Dec 7, 2008. The Newtown Choral Society presented a Christmas program that I conducted, which included Rheinberger's Der Stern von Bethlehem, with piano and flute.
- 6 Feb 2008. ReelClassicDVDs sells the Hal Roach silent film No Man's Law with my score.
- 28 October, 2007. Prophetiae Sybillarum by Orlando Lasso is performed by the ProArte Singers in New Canaan, CT, with multimedia presentation I prepared from Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes.
- 13 Oct. 2007. "Tears of Darfur," for
SATB choir, is presented at AmeriCares 2007 Airlift Benefit. Superbly performed
by The ProArte Singers, Arthur Sjögren conducted. After dinner, the 16 singers
three percussionists performed the world première of "Tears of
followed by three African songs.
- April, 2007: Lenny Stea and I cut a CD for the Templeton Foundation: Purpose and Power in Retirement: New Opportunities for Meaning and Significance by Harold G. Koenig, M.D., with me narrating most of its 7-hour running time. Now distributed by Learn Out Loud.
- 31 December, 2006. My letter to the editor on 'what to call someone from Connecticut' is published in The New York Times. Several letters follow in response (may need to subscribe to see the link).
- 21 May 2006, "The Regret of the Ranee in the Hall of Peacocks" is performed by Jennifer Cece Bellon, soprano and Michael Kahn, contrabass solo, at the Unitarian Society of New Haven, Hamden, CT; sponsored by the Connecticut Composers
New on the site
Back to the Works Page
to the Business Résumé
Back to the Awards Page